Friday, June 28, 2013

Random thoughts concerning absolutely everything and nothing.

So I think I'll do one more post before I sleep.

Right now, there's a lot on my mind. Currently stressed about college, trying to get things straightened around with my job as of August, while trying to keep up with my friends/girlfriend. Is it kind of sad that all of this leads me to do absolutely none of that?

Anyway, I'm going to really crack down on things now. I need to start getting stuff organized. Basically, I'm so busy in July that if I don't get this other stuff done now, I won't ever do it. I need to set up orientation for pima, and go take the necessary proficiency exams for my AVID tutoring position at Palo Verde next year.

I'm actually really excited for this year. I'm going to get more opportunities to exemplify my leadership ability, and make an impact on even more students lives. I guess, in all reality, I don't know how I got here. It seems like it happened over night, but I know it didn't. I owe a lot of what has happened to Andrea. She's helped me become the leader that I am. She gave me the opportunity to get involved, and saw the potential in me. She pushed me to come out of my own little world, and show the rest of the world what I have to offer, and what I could do.

Without that, I wouldn't have been president of YES or HOSA. I wouldn't have been able to go to T.I. and meet the amazing people I did. I wouldn't have been able to get up on stage at graduation night, and give a speech to my peers.
************************
Changing the subject, I'd like to talk about support.

I think that it's extremely important to support someone in what they do, and be there for them as much as you can. I know I certainly need that support, and I hope I can help my peers out in that way.

I know sometimes I don't deserve a lot of the opportunity I get. But, when I do have those opportunities, I'd like to know that I have people behind me, cheering me on.

I guess this is coming from the fact that my dad refused to go to my graduation ceremony. I don't get mad, or upset very easily, but it really did get to me. I mean, how could you not go to your oldest son's graduation? I guess he had his "reasons" but they didn't suffice in my opinion.

Anyway, the sun is coming up now, so I should get to sleep...(I really need to fix my sleep schedule, maybe I'll try that today...)

No comments:

Post a Comment